Re: Windows Firewall Has A Backdoor

From: Jim Nugent (njim2k-nntp_at_yahoo.com)
Date: 03/01/05

Date: Tue, 01 Mar 2005 15:00:24 GMT

:

> > But then you can't install programs at all so running as a limited user
in
> > win xp is stupid.
>
> You just have to install the programs with admin privileges by
> right-clicking and selecting 'run as' :-)

Not only that, but generally if somethin looks like an install, e.g. named
setup.exe or something.msi, I've found the Run As... option appears
automatically.

--
Jim
"Be right back... Godot"

Relevant Pages

  • Hijack imposta ayarla felrak eviewset
    ... otherwise healthy system and looking for HIV, ... requirement to enter passwords and install programs twice before they ... or reflash the BIOS. ... feature of a stock install anywhere. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Extend Power User Privilege to install application
    ... install Microsoft applications no problem at all but the ... This policy extends elevated privileges to all ... This policy lets users install programs ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize)
  • Extend Power User Privilege to install applications
    ... install Microsoft applications no problem at all but the ... This policy extends elevated privileges to all ... This policy lets users install programs ...
  • Extend Power User Privilege to install applications
    ... install Microsoft applications no problem at all but the ... This policy extends elevated privileges to all ... This policy lets users install programs ...
  • Re: apt does not doe what is should
    ... >> think your GTK related problems derive from compatibility problems mixing ... > install programs and solve dependencies. ... > So I can either install programs and have a non-working sytem or have no ... If I need just one or two packages from another repository, ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)