Re: Weekly routine

From: winged (winged_at_nofollow.com)
Date: 02/24/05

Date: 24 Feb 2005 01:03:49 EST

David Postill wrote:
> In article <cvgodq$9fu@dispatch.concentric.net>, on 22 Feb 2005 21:05:46 EST, winged
> <winged@nofollow.com> wrote:
>
> []
>
> | I am not sure of the value of running CWShredder. While it is effective
> | against some some of the early coolsearch malware it hasn't been kept
> | up and the coolsearch folks have long been known to tune and change
> | their exploit gambit. I suspect thats why CWshredder hasn't been kept
> | up, the author invested a lot of time on the tool.
>
> CWShredder is now owned and maintained by Intermute. Latest version
> is 2.13 (February 2005).

Ahh, I will look again, it has been awhile since I last looked at the
product.

Winged

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Weekly routine
    ... | I am not sure of the value of running CWShredder. ... | against some some of the early coolsearch malware it hasn't been kept ... I suspect thats why CWshredder hasn't been kept ... CWShredder is now owned and maintained by Intermute. ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • why is it doing this?
    ... When I try to get Updates before running CWShredder, ... Fetching CWShredder update information... ...
    (comp.security.misc)
  • Re: Home Page and cwshredder
    ... download and run this prior to running CWShredder: ... CoolWWWSearch.SmartSearch (v1/v2) MiniRemoval ... Pam wrote: ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)