Re: Natted IP

From: donnie (donnie_at_queyosepa.org)
Date: 02/18/05

Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2005 01:15:53 GMT

On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 17:32:13 -0600, "Vanguard"
<use_ReplyTo@domain.invalid> wrote:

>They use Javascript to get your local IP address. They lie in
>pretending they got it from an external scan when instead they got it by
>running a script in the web page that you downloaded to your host where
>the script runs locally. It is a very misleading statement they make.
>Any browser that permits Javascript to execute can divulge your host's
>IP address where you run that browser. So are you going to disable
>Javascript because of their scare tactic?
#########################
I have had javascript disabled for years and will leave it that way.
Actually, I have the browser prompt me. Popups are a thing of the
past.
donnie.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: How to exit a form validation function so that the form isnt submitted
    ... And if javascript is disabled or not ... to upgrade to a browser that does, ... and script to replace a single HTML element. ... the initial design and layout that has great benefits later - pages ...
    (comp.lang.javascript)
  • Re: Auto-refresh Netscape 4.79 browser on Linux in C application
    ... You want to look up timed events in Javascript. ... browser has the ability to initiate a data transfer, so you need to have a ... script on the web page periodically poll the server for more data. ... you *don't* need Java installed on either the browser or the ...
    (comp.os.linux.development.apps)
  • Re: Auto-refresh Netscape 4.79 browser on Linux in C application
    ... You want to look up timed events in Javascript. ... browser has the ability to initiate a data transfer, so you need to have a ... script on the web page periodically poll the server for more data. ... you *don't* need Java installed on either the browser or the ...
    (comp.os.linux.development.apps)
  • Re: Javasys.exe: More of the same or new?
    ... the URL spreading this malware is the following: ... Since the attack starts with a javascript, ... this particular script seems to be looking for Internet ... Explorer so it may be exploiting a flaw in that particular browser. ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: missing ) after argument list
    ... >> and there is proof that at least one script engine, the JavaScript ... Give one browser, just one that produces a syntax error ... Are you arguing that standards are irrelevant and that we should just ...
    (comp.lang.javascript)