Re: Is this really a Microsoft site, or just another phishing scam??

From: Jim Watt (jimwatt_at_aol.no_way)
Date: 02/16/05

Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2005 23:19:43 +0100

On Wed, 16 Feb 2005 15:12:36 +0100, Wimbo
<wimbo_online@_REMOVETHIS_hotmail.com> wrote:

>A couple of months ago, I bought a MSDN Universal Subscription. Today I
>received an e-mail with the request of validating my registered
>information.

undoubtedly phishing - nobody would ask you to 'validate'
they already know.

I still get occasional 'here is an important patch from Microsoft'

they don't send thiose either.

--
Jim Watt
http://www.gibnet.com

Relevant Pages

  • Re: How to allow only ONE user on an ASPX web site? (C#)
    ... than the one doing the current request). ... time during which nobody will be able to ... activity after a specified period of time then a new user can be ... this site is used to process payroll taxes and the processing is done ...
  • Re: Can I get a committer to mark this bug as blocking 6.4-RELEASE ?
    ... I didn't think that "just my problem" would be enough to hold it up, but I apparently never even considered that -REL would happen without even responding to my request. ... Since nobody had responded to my request, and several posts had gone out about more testing for 7.1 I assumed that 6.4 was similarly delayed. ... If you would have identified the relevant portions, I would have happily tried backing out some of the changes on a per-component basis to figure it out. ... Net Consonance: consonant endings by net philanthropy, ...
    (freebsd-stable)
  • Re: OT: Gift Aid, tax and joint accounts
    ... given the goods to the charity when this is happening: ... Nobody ever asks, but yes they can tell you on request. ...
    (uk.media.radio.archers)
  • Re: Ghostnote
    ... I'm a nobody. ... Just a typical red blooded American. ... request. ...
    (rec.music.makers.percussion)
  • Re: How can I notify user mode of custom data events?
    ... it then completes the request and the user space application/thread ... can be waiting on an event as part of overlapped. ... And nobody would forget that, if the thread who issues overlapped IO exits, then all this IO is cancelled, so, this thread must live nearly forever. ...