Re: NOD 32 problem

From: lee (lth_at_invalid.net)
Date: 02/16/05

Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2005 15:28:32 -0600

Ritter197 wrote:
> Apparently I am confusing that then. WHERE do you want me to look at I will
> post here.
>

> "Ian Kenefick" <ian_kenefick@eircom.net> wrote in message
>
>>On Wed, 16 Feb 2005 10:13:44 -0500, "Ritter197"
>><Ritter197@Comcast.net> wrote:
>>

>>>5. That is VERY confusing, since it said before I had version 1.9 and this
>>>was to be version 2.12.
>>>6. I continued to install and then immediately went to Update.
>>>7. this now updated my NOD32 to 1.999 for the Virus database (20050215)
>>

>>Allow me to shed some light on this.
>>
>>2.12 = application version
>>1.999 / (20050215) = database number 1.999 released on 15-Feb-2005
>>
>>Don't confuse database numbers and application numbers
>>

>>Regards,
>>Ian Kenefick
>>http://www.ik-cs.com

I think what Ian said is pretty clear:

2.12 refers to the "program" version number. The program includes the
updating and scanning engines, as well as configuration variables.

1.999 refers to the "signature files" version number. This refers to the
data files that include malware signatures or patterns.

NOD is not the only product that has separate reference numbers for data
files and for executables.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Info
    ... "I wanted to clarify something that seems to be a bit confusing. ... Samsung refers to this as an LED tv. Basically this tv uses an LCD panel but it uses LED backlighting. ...
    (alt.tv.tech.hdtv)
  • Re: Unable to View Database Diagrams
    ... I'd like to suggest that the wording there is confusing, since "it" is removed from the noun it refers to (database) by another noun in the sentence. ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.security)
  • Re: UK Telecom Tariff Comparisons at http://www.magsys.co.uk/telecom/ - March
    ... >>My posting, like that previously made, refers to yours. ... >It would have been less confusing if you had *quoted some text*. ... >refers to his, why not go back to the original and quote from it, or quote ...
    (uk.telecom)
  • Re: Graphic one time pad
    ... John Bailey wrote: ... > This change of variables is confusing. ... My original (without your brackets) refers to the ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Re: How to modify object attribute by python C API
    ... confusing, does it refer to the same object as "obj.attr1" in python's ... it refers to the same object. ... references, and is deleted when all the references are gone. ... object, even if no more Python code refers to it, because it knows your ...
    (comp.lang.python)