Re: NOD 32 problem

From: winged (winged_at_nofollow.com)
Date: 02/16/05

Date: 15 Feb 2005 23:26:48 EST

Ritter197 wrote:
> Since I renewed for another year I find that the NOD32 comes up at Startup
> (OK of course) then the screen goes black for a moment and NOD32 comes up
> again with the Control Center and stays there. I always have to manually
> close and Hide it.
>

> Before it did not do any of these annoying things.
>
> I am using Windows XP with SP # 2 installed.
>

> How do we fix that? So I do not have to HIDE it manually all the time.

Are you using NOD 1.0 or version 2? Does XP security center recognize
NOD as the system AV tool (I suspect not)? You must have version 2.12
downloaded before you can install the Sp2 update beta. This should stop
the security center issue of pooping up.

http://www.nod32.com/support/ans/6m.htm

Winged

Relevant Pages

  • Re: XP Startup sequence
    ... You have no control over some of these startup items, ... WIN.INI [Windows] Load ... As a Scheduled Task set to run at startup. ... > During one of the previous updates I also now have "Windows Security ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • RE: Procedure at Access Stutdown
    ... at startup. ... A nod is as good as a wink to a blind horse. ... Application Control Box? ...
    (microsoft.public.access.modulesdaovba)
  • Re: No Wonder Kodak Went Broke ...
    ... Many emotions in general ... Many activities are without risk. ... security "experts" didn't supports my contention that the security experts ... I don't allow emotion to control my behavior. ...
    (rec.photo.digital)
  • [NEWS] HelixPlayer Based Players Format String
    ... Get your security news from a reliable source. ... media player for Linux, Solaris (versions for other operating systems are ... between 0x0822** - 0x082f** and with control of one pointer at a time ... $ An open security advisory #13 - RealPlayer and Helix Player Remote ...
    (Securiteam)
  • Re: why microsoft choose mfc rather than wtl?
    ... to lower security settings, etc. ... For a client to get ... the particular AX control is never accessed, shown, or downloaded. ... unethical to deliver an automobile to customers because it is possible ...
    (microsoft.public.vc.mfc)