Re: My customers keep getting infected?

From: Leythos (void_at_nowhere.lan)
Date: 02/13/05

Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2005 13:53:45 GMT

On Sat, 12 Feb 2005 16:43:49 -0800, johns wrote:
> Listen carefully: I read other replies here, and clearly
> I'm the only pro replying to you !!!!

It's good that you consider yourself a Pro, but, while you have some good
ideas, most of it's not needed and is only a waste of time. If the OP
doesn't already have Ghost he's not much of a tech to begin with, and the
clients doesn't need Ghost for such a action.

If the machine is properly secured and has quality AV software installed
along with a secured browser and email client then you don't need to ghost
the machine or buy a new drive.

What you should have done was explain how to secure the machine, how to
set IE for secure mode, to use alternative browsers and email clients to
get a router with NAT instead of the personal firewall (of which McAfee is
one of the worst AV/FW suites out there)....

Your solution has limited ability to protect the users.

--
spam999free@rrohio.com
remove 999 in order to email me

Relevant Pages

  • Re: My customers keep getting infected?
    ... user) you need ghost to undo all the damage. ... I had a customer and I locked the kid down - like Jim & others have ... > along with a secured browser and email client then you don't need to ghost ... > set IE for secure mode, to use alternative browsers and email clients to ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: What is this WIN XPE about ?
    ... most secure way is to use the EWF filter ... > Thnaks Martin ... > In my case I have setup a standard ghost image for all system we deliver ... > Does that image build with Target Designer could help on doing a read only ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.embedded)
  • Re: Online Armor Firewall?
    ... I ask anyone here what email client is ... Outlook has many *publically known* vulnerabilities that Microsoft is *unwilling* to fix, and are *not securable otherwise*. ... That is, for Outlook any hope for security is already lost in first place, whereas the real MUAs at least have a chance to be secure. ... And as long as at least one part of the system is insecure, all layers of the same security context also become insecure. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: email command button using Outlook Web
    ... we just happen to use Outlook Webmail with a secure server...there is ... nothing I can do about that part, it goes way above my head. ... course make sure there's a default email client and use SendObject in ... John Nurick [Microsoft Access MVP] ...
    (microsoft.public.access.formscoding)