Re: AVG disappearing (closing) just before scan end!

From: charlie R (welpctSKIPME_at_psci.net)
Date: 02/08/05

    Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2005 23:04:03 -0500

    "MH" <joe@bloggs.com> wrote in message
    news:cu8l8v$10g$1@sparta.btinternet.com...
    > No problems on XP SP2
    >

    > <see.my.sig.4.addr@nowhere.com.invalid> wrote in message
    > >I just noticed AVG7Free hasn't been logging the test results for a
    couple
    > > weeks, even though I've been using it regularly for "shell
    extension"
    > > tests, and at least 2 "selected areas" tests.
    > > Also, today I ran a complete and a selected area test, and when I
    came
    > > back to see if it was done, there were no results and AVG had just
    closed
    > > itself. I tried it again, and the same thing happened.
    > >
    > > I'm running W95OSR2 on an old P133 laptop with only 40MB RAM, but
    it's
    > > always worked before - although the newer version has definitely
    worked
    > > worse than v6 Free. It also crashes after completing shell
    extension
    > > initiated tests every time and has since "upgrade".
    > > If there is any way to use the v6 with current virus database
    updates, no
    > > matter how convoluted, please tell me.
    > >
    > > So anybody have any idea what is going on the closing and not
    logging?

    I don't know what's going on with your computers, but I'd do an online
    Virus scan first thing. Once sure the computer is clean of viruses,
    scan with Spybot S&D and Adaware and A2 or some other antitrojan app.
    Then I'd download an AV that is lighter on the system resources and
    scan again. I hope you've got a Firewall. Oh, and I'd do all the
    scanning in SafeMode, just to be sure. Good luck.
    charlie R

    • Implementing DLL
      ... The problem is an implementation of a extension for the Active Directory ... Only the Computers Object is to be extended. ... Assembl ... Rufen Sie die LoaderExceptions-Eigenschaft ab, ...
    • Re: Excel 2007 - File Open and Repair
      ... PS non of these computers has received the install yet for the sp2 packages. ... system to generate the extension. ... Excel 2007 - File Open and Repair ...
      (microsoft.public.excel.crashesgpfs)
    • Re: Large files being written to c:winnt emp
      ... extension on them (make sure that extensions of known file types is ... >done near these time periods. ... >automatic downloads of the windows updates but even then ... Of 25 computers on a network, ...
      (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
    • Re: Dumb question of the day
      ... extension, owner, file size, etc out there that I could use??? ... $xl = New-Object -c excel.application ... # you will need a list of computers, ... foreach ...
      (microsoft.public.scripting.vbscript)
    • Re: AVG disappearing (closing) just before scan end!
      ... > No problems on XP SP2 ... >> Also, today I ran a complete and a selected area test, and when I ... I don't know what's going on with your computers, ...
      (comp.security.misc)