Re: I have been asked to leave the company for having spotted serious security breaches

From: johnydeath (johnydeath_at_lukewarmmail.com)
Date: 02/05/05

    Date: Sat, 05 Feb 2005 09:21:53 +0000

    Leythos wrote:
    > On Fri, 04 Feb 2005 18:03:24 -0500, Stephen K. Gielda wrote:
    >

    >>Picture this, you are tasked with creating a wireless "kiosk" where
    >>anyone on any device, can connect to get to a directory. The design is
    >>deliberately wide open, the net is segragated from anything important,
    >>it's supposed to allow anyone within range to be able to connect. Now
    >>someone who works for you tells you this is bad, that it's open. You
    >>say you know and explain that it is deliberate. This person doesn't
    >>like that answer, posts to usenet groups (extreme crossposts), and goes
    >>over your head to complain to your bosses. Everyone involved is going
    >>to tell this person to go look for another job.
    >

    > Many airports in the USA have free wireless in the terminals for use by
    > anyone near enough.

    changing the point slightly because of this comment - my concern would
    be that everyone in the terminals, Starbucks or whatever place it may be
    are all going to be interconnected.

    I would be more interested in doing a ping sweep and some enumeration on
    the local wireless net rather than internet surfing - much more
    enjoyable, now to buy a house within the footprint!

    • Re: I have been asked to leave the company for having spotted serious security breaches
      ... The design is ... >>say you know and explain that it is deliberate. ... > Many airports in the USA have free wireless in the terminals for use by ... the local wireless net rather than internet surfing - much more ...
      (microsoft.public.pocketpc.wireless)
    • Re: I have been asked to leave the company for having spotted serious security breaches
      ... The design is ... >>say you know and explain that it is deliberate. ... > Many airports in the USA have free wireless in the terminals for use by ... the local wireless net rather than internet surfing - much more ...
      (microsoft.public.access.security)
    • Re: Challenge for Ken Shackleton
      ... other viable alternative hypothesis - Intelligent Design. ... bias and possibly deliberate design. ... The very same thing is true of a polished granite cube. ... arisen via purely non-deliberate processes. ...
      (talk.origins)
    • Re: Science and Absolute Knowledge
      ... other viable alternative hypothesis - Intelligent Design. ... actually cheating in order to detect deliberate manipulation of the ... The very same thing is true of a polished granite cube. ... arisen via purely non-deliberate processes. ...
      (talk.origins)
    • Re: The ID ONLY Hypothesis
      ... produce a given phenomenon would be the finding of some non-deliberate ... process that is in fact capable of producing the phenomenon in question ... Evidence against the hypothesis that deliberate design could ...
      (talk.origins)