Re: Does anybody know about this URL *.0.0.0.0

From: winged (winged_at_nofollow.com)
Date: 02/04/05

Date: 04 Feb 2005 01:42:00 EST

aannggeell wrote:
> ..
> Does anybody know about this:
> URL "*.0.0.0.0" has somehow been installed in the Internet Explorer
> 5.5/Tools/Options/Security/Trusted sites/Sites.
> I cannot seem to permanently Delete it!
> I delete it, and it just reappears!
> I have tried adding it to the Internet Explorer
> 5.5/Tool/Options/Security/Restricted sites/Sites, but that seems to make no
> difference.
>
> Also, while we're at it:
> I can't Delete any entries (individually nor collectively) from Outlook
> Express 5.5/NewsGroups.
> I have to UnSubscribe from each NG individually, Delete the NGs .DBX file
> through Windows Explorer, Re-Subscribe to the NG, and then (re-) download.
> What's up with that?
>
> Angel
>

> ..

For tcp: (RFC 2012) The local IP address for this TCP connection. In the
case of a connection in the listen state which is willing to accept
connections for any IP interface associated with the node, the value
0.0.0.0 is used.

For udp: (RFC 2013) The local IP address for this UDP listener. In the
case of a UDP listener which is willing to accept datagrams for any IP
interface associated with the node, the value 0.0.0.0 is used.

Winged

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Problem configuring NAT to share Internet Connection
    ... One of my NICs in the server connect to a DSL ... modem and it connects to internet. ... > interface, that connects to the DSL modem, LAN interface, that connects to ... >> 7.- To connect server to Internet, I create a new network connection. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.ras_routing)
  • Re: Long Time Samba No Work-Need Expert Help On Samba/Networking
    ... I can ping the WinXP and Ubuntu pcs very ... Yielding connection to IPC$ ... added interface ip=192.168.1.64 bcast=192.168.1.255 ... Default User Disk ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Site-to-Site VPN client routing question - clients at branch office not able to acce
    ... You can check this by making sure that the dd interface on the answering router has changed to connected status. ... Your DC might only have one NIC, but as soon as your VPN connection is made it has two IP addresses, so you get all sorts of problems. ... select the demand-dial interface from the dropdown list. ...
  • Re: TDBC documentation, examples, syntax?
    ... What I see in the TDBC API is a distinct, ... and one to close the connection. ... doing the same thing with SQL/CLI would require: ... At most I see one semi-explicit upper interface and one non- ...
    (comp.lang.tcl)
  • Re: Ada DB bindings and APQ
    ... but otherwise how the connection is made is ... there are interface and implementation objects. ... > are suggesting is that I should not have a Map object, ... It is a myth caused by automatic conversions of PL/1 and C. ...
    (comp.lang.ada)