Re: Machine account (MyMachine$) logon process then tries to change TSInternet User Passsword

From: ed (xyz_at_yahoo.com)
Date: 01/30/05

Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2005 16:52:49 GMT

Michael wrote: Blimey! You didn't look very far did you?

Thank You!.

Actually my searches focused more on the LsaRegisterLogonProcess() that the
actual terminal services.

> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;244057&sd=tech
>
> Excerpt:-
> CAUSE
> The TsInternetUser account is used by the Terminal Services Internet
> Connector License. When Internet Connector Licensing is enabled, a Windows
> 2000-based server accepts 200 anonymous-only connections. Terminal
> Services clients are not prompted with a logon dialog box; they are logged
> on automatically with the TsInternetUser account. The success audit listed
> above is generated daily as the system changes the password used by the
> TsInternetUser account for security purposes. This is expected behavior on
> a server with Terminal Services Internet Connector Licensing enabled.
> Currently, this event is logged when Internet Connector Licensing is not
> enabled.
> STATUS
> Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products
> that are listed at the beginning of this article.

  • RE: Terminal Service Question
    ... A couple of months ago we noticed the same thing in our logs and a quick ... The TsInternetUser account is used by the Terminal Services Internet ... When Internet Connector Licensing is enabled, ...
    (Focus-Microsoft)
  • Re: TsInternetUser SBS2003
    ... When Internet Connector Licensing is enabled, a Windows 2000-based server accepts 200 anonymous-only connections. ... Terminal Services clients are not prompted with a logon dialog box; they are logged on automatically with the TsInternetUser account. ...
    (microsoft.public.de.german.backoffice.smallbiz)