Re: Please recomend me a Anti-Phishing Guide website.....................!!!!!

From: Nick Roberts (nick.roberts_at_acm.org)
Date: 01/27/05

    Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 19:11:22 +0000

    Ronald Reitch LMT <myemail@email.net> wrote:

    > I'm concerned for my mother's sake. My mother is very new to computing so
    > much so that she uses remote assistance with me to guide her through her
    > computing. Recently a pop-up requested her to charge her $14.95 on her
    > credit card in which she gullibly reply to! I am very much alarmed by this
    > that someone could easily deceive my mother and wish to protect my mother
    > as much as possible by giving her as much information as possible. Is
    > there any web site on Internet that can easily explain how phishing works
    > and steps to protect yourself? Thank you!

    One possible site is:

       http://www.antiphishing.org/consumer_recs.html

    It mentions a free 'ScamBlocker' at:

       http://www.earthlink.net/earthlinktoolbar/download/

    I can't personally recommend it, but it looks like it might be helpful to
    you. HTH

    --
    Nick Roberts

    • Please recomend me a Anti-Phishing Guide website.....................!!!!!
      ... My mother is very new to computing ... so much so that she uses remote assistance with me to guide her ... mother and wish to protect my mother as much as possible by giving her ...
      (alt.computer.security)
    • Re: Ping: Pat Easterling
      ... Park and they'd fenced off around the trail to protect ... "Lucky for you it wasn't me and one of my kids, ... " More of your slanderous lying. ... this ten year old jerk in front of me, while glaring at his mother, ...
      (alt.gathering.rainbow)
    • Re: How Can I Password Protect a Web Site?
      ... How can I password protect my web site? ... There are many methods of protecting your web site using a password. ... Step 1: Create the .htaccess file: ... Step 2: Create the .htpasswd file: ...
      (microsoft.public.publisher.webdesign)
    • Re: Ginnys love will save harry
      ... Ginny will die protecting Harry thus giving him the same protection as his mother did. ... Don't you want to ask me why James's death didn't protect Lily ...
      (alt.fan.harry-potter)
    • Re: too many applications running
      ... The very first thing every computer needs to learn is how to backup theirr ... The next thing every computer user needs to learn is how to protect their ... than Microsoft's own web site: ... get yourself to the web sites of the major PC magazines and ...