Re: New virus poses as CNN Breaking News

From: Michael J. Pelletier (mjpelletier_at_mjpelletier.com)
Date: 01/22/05

Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2005 16:51:55 -0800

Rodney Kelp wrote:

> People who write viruses are no different than people who would cut your
> brake line or put arsenic in your coffee. The punishment should be the
> same.
>

> "Jay Calvert" <jcalvert@habaneronetworks.nospam.com> wrote in message
>> Virus spreads as it pretends to be from CNN Breaking News Service. It
>> even uses realtime information from CNN.com before sending it.
>>
>> http://habaneronetworks.com/viewArticle.php?ID=109

What about companies that make this shitty software (not tested and rushed
to sale)? What about holding them accountable? I blame them more than the
people that write the virus. There is a good old saying, "locks are meant
to keep honest people honest" Too many times Microsoft has just made it too
damn easy...I blame Microsoft more than the people who write these
viruses...

True no software is perfect and without flaws but come on! No company on the
planet has a worse record of problems. Microsoft is also one of the richest
companies on the planet. So why don't they worry less about supporting SCO
and fix their damn code?

Many people will spew that stupid statement about Microsoft being hacked and
cracked because they are the most popular Operating and applications
company. Bullcrap! I have friends that partake in these sort of activities.
Hackers are opportunists! They do not care about marketshare. If you give
them a hole they will take it no matter what the OS or application is....

Enough is enough. Microsoft need to be held accountable...

Michael

Relevant Pages

  • Re: For Bill Gates re Powerpoint addition to home use Office 2003
    ... Microsoft Windows Basic Office 2003 product (which was pre-installed before ... PC purchase in my case) by ANYONE on the planet is a total disgrace and ... isn't just individuals who get fleeced by MS anyway but businesses too. ... Earth may very well be the only source of true intelligent universal life ...
    (microsoft.public.office.misc)
  • Re: Anti-Piracy issues
    ... the determination that it seems as if Microsoft has given ... anti-piracy website and I've spent 3 days on this ... That is why it shouldn't be up to the honest, ... >> gather information and report this guy to them. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Censorship
    ... Microsoft News Group. ... Honestly, no matter what "motorcycle" you ride, honest criticisms should be ... like linux over Microsoft. ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: Censorship
    ... Microsoft News Group. ... Honestly, no matter what "motorcycle" you ride, honest criticisms ... Mac group with the same question). ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Another Mike Williams Rant (was lies about Re: Exchange rate problem)
    ... You could have the decency to put a proper title on your post rather than trying to suck honest people in who attempt to help you. ... So here you are accusing Microsoft of somehow being dishonest yet it is in fact you who is being dishonest. ... I would be more concerned about the on-going bleeding of the Nigerian education department by Mandrive who are charging then each year for support for something they could download from the internet for free. ...