Re: Instant Messaging

From: sh4d03 (sh4d03_at_TPG.com.au)
Date: 01/18/05

Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 18:25:38 +1100

David M. Dinner wrote:

> While I have never used Miranda-IM I would have to lean my support to
> GAIM (gaim.org). The client will use various messaging protocols and is
> stable in both the Windows and *Nix environments.
>
> David Michael Dinner <ddinner@obtix.net> 570/947-3110
> Owner, Obtix Networks: http://www.obtix.net
> Personal Site: http://obtix.org
> Public Key: http://www.obtix.net/~ddinner/dmd-pub-key
>

> ** INTERNET EMAIL CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE **
> This email contains confidential information which may also be legally
> privileged and which is intended only for the use of the recipient(s)
> named above. If you are not the intended recipient you are hereby
> notified that reading, forwarding, or copying of this email; or the
> taking of any action in reliance on its contents, may be strictly
> prohibited.
>

> sh4d03 wrote:
> | Variant wrote:

> |> GAIM
> |>
> |> http://gaim.sourceforge.net/
> |>
> | I'm a huge fan of GAIM when I'm using my Linux machines (largely as it
> | is essentially the only 'decent' option). As far as Windows is concerned
> | as I've already stated Miranda-IM is my favourite so far. This is just
> | my opinion and yours could well be different. Have a go at the three
> | applications we've all mentioned and see which one suits your
> | needs/desires the best.
> |
> | Sh4d03

Your opinion is noted and valid. I hold nothing against that, just
venting what I believe to give the most comprehensive reply to the
initial post as possible.

Sh4d03

--
If you require more assistance or if my suggestion works please E-mail me at
sh4d03 [at] TPG [dot] com [dot] au. Additionally, if you are able to provide

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Instant Messaging
    ... While I have never used Miranda-IM I would have to lean my support to ... GAIM. ... The client will use various messaging protocols and is ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: A few equivalent apps for Unix
    ... but I think Opera and Firefox are superior browsers ... (just my opinion;)) ... > GAIM ...
    (alt.os.linux)
  • saving file xfers from GAIM
    ... So far no body seems to be able to offer any assistance with this, ... What is the trick to saving files from people using GAIM 0.80? ...
    (comp.os.linux.questions)
  • Re: saving file xfers from GAIM
    ... > So far no body seems to be able to offer any assistance with this, ... I've had it just up and close gaim on me too. ... What protocol where you using (aim, ...
    (comp.os.linux.questions)