Re: Suggestions for cross-platform encryption?

From: Shane Petroff (shane_at_mayet.ca)
Date: 01/15/05

Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2005 06:01:41 GMT

Colin B. wrote:

> I'm surprised though, that this sort of tool isn't in massive constant
> demand these days. Seems like an obvious need.

It seems like these services should be available via existing tokens.
The tokens themselves have very limited memory, but the onboard/tamper
resistant processors are designed to sign external documents, and the
vague marketing brochure I have suggests that the Aladdin eToken is
capable of encrypting external files. Alas, I've never actually used
one, so I can't say for sure what they are capable of.

--
Shane