Re: Exclusive: Microsoft Anti-Spyware Beta

From: Dave Baker (newsgroup_poster_at_jodael.com)
Date: 01/07/05

Date: Fri, 07 Jan 2005 15:05:06 +0800

On Thu, 6 Jan 2005 22:24:51 -0700, "Technobarbarian"
<randomcanyon-ztopzpam@hotmail.com> wrote:

> You must be running something other than XP. With XP I just downloaded
>and ran the program.

I just had another look after reading a report in the Aussie newspapers with
a link to it.

The main page is:

If I click on the red star with "Try it now", I get sent to the following
page:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=321CD7A2-6A57-4C57-A8BD-DBF62EDA9671&displaylang=en

This page says:

"This download is available to customers running genuine Microsoft Windows.
Please click Continue to begin Windows validation."

It also says:

"This download is available running genuine Microsoft Windows. Click Continue
in the Validation Recommended section above to begin the short validation
process. Once validated, you will be returned to this page with specific
instructions for obtaining the download."

I can't see any other links that get around this validation requirement.

Dave

The email address used for sending these postings is not valid.
All replies to the group please.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Exclusive: Microsoft Anti-Spyware Beta
    ... > "This download is available to customers running genuine Microsoft ... > in the Validation Recommended section above to begin the short validation ... After reading about your experience I'm ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: WGA Hacked?! Get a Fair and Balance Perspective!
    ... >> can do today if you are not using IE or have an issue under WGA. ... plug-in and IE and one without, and they both want to download WGA protected ... > is NO LOGICAL way to get faster access to downloads by adding WGA checks ... >>> but with Validation it won't be hidden. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: How to share VB code across multiple pages?
    ... Validation of viewstate MAC failed. ... Exception Details: System.Web.HttpException: Validation of viewstate ... Juan T. Llibre wrote: ... you can download the public 2.0 Beta versions here: ...
  • Re: !Genuine Windows Validation now mandatory for downloads...
    ... Noticed also that along with WGA is a new Office Validation tool. ... Uses a separate ActiveX, called OVA Class 1.3.230.3 but identifies ... > download, why do you think that no one will be able to download from ... > Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Steady State Validation required
    ... I download the VALIDATION software, run it, and get the obsolete message. ... Jeez VanguardLH, you sure got some chip on your shoulder to prove me a bad ... doesn't the Microsoft download site require validation BEFORE they ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)