Re: Lockout a country.

From: donnie (donnie_at_queyosepa.org)
Date: 01/05/05

Date: Wed, 05 Jan 2005 01:00:12 GMT

On Tue, 4 Jan 2005 03:17:42 +0100, "Reffo" <nospam@ja-takk.com> wrote:

>Hi.
>
>I'm not trying to be like George Bush, but I got the idea from this issue.
>
>I'm having a website where Nigerian people can't find anything else
>then addresses for spam. And, I've seen that they are registering to get
>access
>to members lists etc.
>
>Since I feel that I can live without Nigerian IP's on my website, I would
>love to know
>how I could lock out Nigerian IP's!
>
>I know the terms in .htaccess Deny from xxx.xxx.xxx.
>
>Else? Just to lockout that country?
>
>-Reffo

################################
I don't know about writing rule sets to block entire contries but you
can start to gather some info at:
http://www.jidaw.com/isp.html
donnie

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Lockout a country.
    ... > to members lists etc. ... > Since I feel that I can live without Nigerian IP's on my website, ... There is no clear way to just block a country as some IP get intermixed ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: Lockout a country.
    ... >> to members lists etc. ... >> Since I feel that I can live without Nigerian IP's on my website, ... Just to lockout that country? ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: Lockout a country.
    ... Reffo wrote on 1/3/2005 9:17 PM: ... > I'm not trying to be like George Bush, but I got the idea from this issue. ... > Since I feel that I can live without Nigerian IP's on my website, ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Lockout a country.
    ... I'm not trying to be like George Bush, but I got the idea from this issue. ... Since I feel that I can live without Nigerian IP's on my website, ... Just to lockout that country? ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: Spam!!!
    ... with one of our Nigerian royalty spammers. ... With Bush as president ... What George Bush has to do with Nigerian spam, ... can go fuck yourself (or waterboard a racial minority or peon as your ...
    (comp.sys.mac.system)