Re: Top Secret Crypto 3.70

From: Johan Wevers (johanw_at_vulcan.xs4all.nl)
Date: 01/02/05

Date: Sun, 2 Jan 2005 19:59:16 GMT

headcrash <headcrash@platter.com> wrote:

>I agree with you about RC5. Way elegant. That is a great example.

>I find the SKIPJACK algorithm to be incredibly elegant, as well, both
>in design and capability.

I just looked at it (the old skipjack module code for GnuPG 1.0), and
the code looks elegant, except for the array of 256 bytes.

Unfortunately Skipjack isn't secure, so wether or not it's elegant,
it doesn't match the second criterium.

--
ir. J.C.A. Wevers         //  Physics and science fiction site:
johanw@vulcan.xs4all.nl   //  http://www.xs4all.nl/~johanw/index.html

  • Re: Top Secret Crypto 3.70
    ... >in design and capability. ... I just looked at it (the old skipjack module code for GnuPG 1.0), ... Unfortunately Skipjack isn't secure, so wether or not it's elegant, ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Re: Top Secret Crypto 3.70
    ... >in design and capability. ... I just looked at it (the old skipjack module code for GnuPG 1.0), ... Unfortunately Skipjack isn't secure, so wether or not it's elegant, ...
    (linux.redhat)