Re: remote access?

From: jtsnow (jtsnow_at_yahoo.com)
Date: 12/28/04

Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2004 15:54:49 -0800

thanks thats great input. It appears the remote can ID the other computer
but it asks for a password. I have never entered a password anywhere and
just a blank passwork box wont let me in either. How are you supposed to
implement the password?

"Teemu Valimaki" <teemu.valimaki@iki.fi> wrote in message
> on 12/27/2004 10:16 PM jtsnow wrote:
>
>> Is there an app for XP that will allow a computer on my small home
>> network to access and run an application that resides on another computer
>> on the same LAN? Netmeeting would do that but XP apparently doent allow
>> these remote apps to run on it.
>
> Windows XP has built in application to enable Remote Desktop Connection.
> You can download the free client from Microsoft site
> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/tools/rdclientdl.mspx.
>
> If you need a server software then I suggest that you try out free, open
> source VNC solutions such as http://ultravnc.sourceforge.net/ or
> http://www.tightvnc.com/.
>
> --
> Teemu Valimaki <teemu.valimaki@iki.fi>
>
> "They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security,
> deserve neither liberty or security" - Benjamin Franklin

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Remote execution of a program
    ... if thats all he wanted to do he could use ssh -Y or ssh -X to have the ... Basically, you will have to ssh into the remote computer, fire screen, ... execute your GUI program, leave the screen session and logout. ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Remote App Cant connect error
    ... I previously had confirmed the settings for IIS and they are correct. ... Something else is stopping the remote apps from executing, ...
  • Re: samsung remote code
    ... use interactive help on digi box thats how i got my code ... Steve wrote: ... remote to work ie the volume control. ...
    (uk.media.tv.sky)
  • Question about "updating" an .MDE remotely
    ... with so will hopefully be willing to share some insight with me. ... I have an application .MDE that is on a remote machine. ... How do you handle updating existing REMOTE apps with the ...
    (microsoft.public.access.formscoding)
  • Re: Betabrite power adapter to harness into newer Stern.
    ... thats what i did. ... shut multiplug off if u want sign off. ... you can put a timer on it.. ... I will rarely if ever pick up the remote to turn it on. ...
    (rec.games.pinball)