Re: INFO PLEASE

From: ToYKillAS (vmlinuz_at_tuxfamily.org)
Date: 12/19/04

Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2004 14:24:17 +0100

John wrote:
> any body ever use the program called Black Ice or have any knowlege of how
> good it works am trying to deside

firewall ? use iptables

--
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil, for you are with me;

Relevant Pages

  • (no subject)
    ... Gibson is pretty much dead on right. ... And I do know about intrusion detection. ... he rated it as a firewall because it was being pushed as ... whether it's "Black Ice is ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: security on iis 5 open port router
    ... And I do know about intrusion detection. ... Gibson was rating BlackIce as a firewall [at a time when BlackIce was ... he rated it as a firewall because it was being pushed as ... whether it's "Black Ice is ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Re: ISA Vs BlackIce
    ... Black Ice is designed as a Personal ... Firewall to be used on a workstation, not a Server. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: BlackIce 3.5 - help please
    ... I would prefer not to use the built in firewall, ... bought Black Ice last year. ... > my regular upgrade check within the BlackIce application. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Win XP SP2 Without A Glitch
    ... > this evening...turned off Norton Anti-virus, Black Ice Firewall, did ... Then turned off XP's built in firewall (unclear it ... > acknowledge Norton or Black Ice but they are working correctly. ... Norton needs to have the "WMI Update" installed for the Security Center to ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)