Windows ControlAd experience this morning

From: bowgus (bowgus_at_rogers.com)
Date: 12/12/04

Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2004 08:40:17 -0500

Just removed Windows ControlAd from my Win98 (winctlad.exe, winctladalt.exe,
... , reg entries). Slow internet, found it was running, disconnected from
the network, then used WinXP boot to do the file(s) removal, then booted
Win98 to do the registry deletions. So far so good ... all that's running is
what should be running (explorer, systray) ... did I miss anything?

Relevant Pages

  • Re: What file contains the networking / internet settings in XP?
    ... I tried to hook it ot the XP computer and the Win98 one. ... switch leds appear to "see" the computers, ... The last thing I wanted to do is screw up my laptop internet settings, ... before making any modifications to the network settings on the ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: What file contains the networking / internet settings in XP?
    ... I tried to hook it ot the XP computer and the Win98 one. ... switch leds appear to "see" the computers, ... real nervous, because trhis is dealing with the TCP/IP settings, and I ... before making any modifications to the network settings on the ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: password problems when sharing network resources
    ... It was very easy to set up network identification for each box ... in the properties tab of each resource on the win98 box. ... about win98 is it allows you to add a password for each resource. ... I want to share a printer installed on the XP PRO machine so I ...
  • Re: Oddball WinXP Box Wont Play Nice
    ... >set up a network using a Belkin switch. ... The Win98 can see both other ... > on XP-A, but this makes Win98 unable to see anything in its Net ... > installation of XP w SP2, ...
  • Re: For lack of a floppy drive and file transfer
    ... >>(Win98) to new. ... > If your old computer does not have a network card (I assume the new ... > On the new machine create a FASTW disk using the CD Burner and then ... > See Files and Settings Transfer Wizard by former MVP Gary Woodruff: ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)