Re: Can't open hosts file on xp!

From: donnie (donnie_at_queyosepa.net)
Date: 12/09/04

Date: Thu, 09 Dec 2004 13:54:08 GMT

On Thu, 09 Dec 2004 02:50:08 GMT, "David H. Lipman"
<DLipman~nospam~@Verizon.Net> wrote:

>As for the upgrade from one OS to WinXP, it is always best to do a clean install with *any*
>Windows OS.
>When it is time to install the OS all you have to do is point the installation at a CDROM of
>the previous OS if you buy an Upgrade version.
>
>Dave
############################
It's debatable as to whether or not moving to XP is an upgrade in the
first place. There was nothing wrong w/ w2k IMO. I handle a small w2k
network for a motgage company and it's only on a rare occasion that I
have to go there. If it's not broke don't fix it, unless you want to
make some money, of course.
donnie.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: upgrade c: from pata to sata with vista ultimate 64bit upgrade dis
    ... "How to Clean Install Windows Vista with Upgrade Media ... When I began inquiring into various Windows Vista installation options late last year, Microsoft and its representative grew quiet and seemed to begin selectively answering my questions. ...
  • Re: Requesting some leniency on your piracy protection program ple
    ... If Windows is retail, not at all. ... You can reinstall, upgrade, move to a different computer all you want as long as it is only installed on one computer at a time. ... The things I do not get, is not being able to> install the same ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Format again
    ... specs to see if it can handle Vista. ... and I want to reformat my hard disk and re-install Windows XP ... and update it with a Vista upgrade which my good lady brought ... Instead of performing a clean install of XP, ...
  • XP Pro not working properly
    ... I have purchased a copy of windows xp professional full ... version and did the upgrade from me installion myself just ... that internet explorer or the whole of windows didnt seem ... and which should i download drivers for before i install ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Toshiba Portege 7200 appears incompatible with XP
    ... if individual X bought a laptop with its own Quick Restore ... disk or Windows CD, would the original owners be within their rights to sell ... An upgrade disk would not have worked as the ... >>> I attempted to install Windows XP OEM SP2 using an original PCMCIA ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware)