Re: Anti-keylogger?

From: S. Pidgorny (slavickp_at_yahoo.com)
Date: 12/04/04

    Date: Sat, 4 Dec 2004 20:15:01 +1100

    Hi,

    comments inline:

    "dc0de" <dc0de@yours.com> wrote in message
    news:5t2sd.22290$Dm2.7057@bignews1.bellsouth.net...
    > I don't know what Donnie (donnie@queyosepa.net) is talking about, as I
    > have Symantec Anti-Virus 9, and Symantec Client Security 2.0, and do not
    > have to worry about keyloggers.

    Are you serious? Not that I'm a big paranoid, but they can't do anything
    with hardware keyloggers, nor they detected a sofware keylogger that my
    colleague has written in few hours. They don't analyse API hooks - Symantec
    only protects against well-known software keylogger engines.

    > Symantec has a great track record of finding these trojans, and being
    > able to remove them. And since they own www.securityfocus.com, they
    > have one of the largest groups of information gatherers in the
    > Information Security market. I would be wary of any small companies
    > that claim to do a better job across the board.

    Symantec is a good company and nobody claims being better accross the board.
    But it is a fact of life that Symantec doesn't do overly good job protecting
    againts different kinds of annoying malware/adware/crapware (I'm not too
    sure about rootkits). There is no perfect vendor.

    --
    Svyatoslav Pidgorny, MVP, MCSE
    -= F1 is the key =-

    • Re: Anti-keylogger?
      ... > have to worry about keyloggers. ... Symantec is a good company and nobody claims being better accross the board. ... But it is a fact of life that Symantec doesn't do overly good job protecting ...
      (microsoft.public.security)
    • Re: Anti-keylogger?
      ... > have to worry about keyloggers. ... Symantec is a good company and nobody claims being better accross the board. ... But it is a fact of life that Symantec doesn't do overly good job protecting ...
      (microsoft.public.win2000.security)