Re: Malware Triangle

From: kurt wismer (kurtw_at_sympatico.ca)
Date: 11/24/04

    Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2004 23:28:08 -0500

    Jack wrote:
    > kurt wismer wrote:
    >> Jack wrote:
    >>>
    >>> HTML can download and execute code.
    >>
    >> no it can't, you're thinking of scripts...
    >
    > <OBJECT>
    > <EMBEDS>

    those are tags related to making an html document a container for other
    things, not downloading and/or executing code...

    --
    "maxwell can tell he's in hell
    just wants you to visit him there

    • Re: Getting GPO names
      ... These canned scripts may not do ... > the name of the GPO that is linked to the container. ... > trouble finding syntax for the 'get linked GPO name' and 'next GPO' ...
    • Re: [RFD] reboot / shutdown of a container
      ... container reach a shutdown state but the init process stay there, ... the container becomes stuck waiting indefinitely the process '1' to exit. ... The upgrade overwrite the scripts, ... pid namespace when the sys_reboot is called. ...
      (Linux-Kernel)
    • Re: To "collapse" text within a new message
      ... That would require the use of a script in an HTML document. ... icon to expand or collapse that section. ... E-mail users don't want unknown scripts running on their hosts, ...
      (microsoft.public.outlook.general)
    • [RFD] reboot / shutdown of a container
      ... If we drop the cap_sys_reboot capability, sys_reboot fails and the container reach a shutdown state but the init process stay there, hence the container becomes stuck waiting indefinitely the process '1' to exit. ... That implies, the rootfs init's scripts must be modified for the container when we put in place its rootfs and as /var/run is supposed to be a tmpfs, most of the applications do not cleanup the directory, so we need to add extra services to wipeout the files. ... More problems arise when we do an upgrade of the distro inside the container, because all the setup we made at creation time will be lost. ... The idea was to send a signal SIGPWR to the parent of the pid '1' of the pid namespace when the sys_reboot is called. ...
      (Linux-Kernel)
    • IHTMLDocument
      ... I have a html document pointer (IHTMLDocument), ... all scripts in that html document. ... folowing way ...
      (microsoft.public.vc.mfc)