Re: anonymous proxies

From: Christo (chris_at_juststuff.co.uk)
Date: 11/16/04

Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2004 22:16:52 -0000

"Leythos" <void@nowhere.org> wrote in message
news:MPG.1c02eea54d880637989a5d@news-server.columbus.rr.com...
> In article <2vsmdmF2pq7t3U1@uni-berlin.de>, chris@juststuff.co.uk
> says...
>>
>> "Mike" <honey@michaelmoyse.co.uk> wrote in message

>> > As a side note, how do you know you can trust a random proxy you found?
>> > mean, anyone could set up an "anonymous" proxy but for all you know
>> > they
>> > might be an FBI department tracking and logging your every click :-)
>>
>> I had thought that, that is why i have stopped using it, and also asked
>> if
>> anyone can tell me any good reliable free anon proxies
>
> There is no such thing as a ANON Proxy, and the reason is that it's only
> as anonymous that the owner of the service wants it to be. Since you
> have no clue who the owner is, and no idea what they do with your proxy
> data, how could you even think you would be anonymous.
>
> Asking for stuff like this in Usenet or any public forum is like asking
> the devil himself. Do you really think that a group running a proxy that
> tracks people would have a disclaimer about it?
>
> What you need to do is to learn to surf smart, learn to not visit places
> you are ashamed of visiting, and learn that nothing you do in public is
> private.

sorry im too gullable for my own good, i can see now why it would be a
stupid thing to trsut anyone but myself

Relevant Pages

  • Re: anonymous proxies
    ... > anyone can tell me any good reliable free anon proxies ... There is no such thing as a ANON Proxy, and the reason is that it's only ... as anonymous that the owner of the service wants it to be. ... Asking for stuff like this in Usenet or any public forum is like asking ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: windows update fails to ever download updates
    ... Windows Internet Explorer, ... No Proxy ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: Some Newbie Questions
    ... Diplomatic negotiation and a unit with proxy order can receive ... Calhamer would probably not like it. ... An implementation of proxy more in the vein of the original game might ... but also allow the owner of the unit in question to ...
    (rec.games.diplomacy)
  • Re: False IP Address
    ... any way the owner of that IP address take any action against such ... posters in the UK? ... On that basis you are not "stealing" someone else's IP, merely using the one the proxy properly owns. ...
    (uk.legal)