Re: 140.206.54.174 anyone seen this?

From: duff (private_at_email.address)
Date: 11/16/04

    Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2004 21:07:56 -0500

    EL wrote:
    > I have a VPN gateway. I keep seeing this ip address over and over again.
    > A friend of mine that works in another state say's in his network see's this
    > ip140.206.54.174 also.
    >
    > It is not pingable or you cant traceroute to it. So who is it? That address
    > is trying to VPN in because of the log's we see.
    >
    > Thanks

    Well, there are a lot of possibilites. It could be a hack-bot deployed
    on a computer with a masked IP, which randomly targets different
    gateways. It could be a glitch in your software as well. However, it is
    probably a masked IP, if you cannot ping or traceroute it. Which means
    that it is probably a hacker or a hack-bot.

    -Duff