Re: anonymous proxies

From: Leythos (void_at_nowhere.org)
Date: 11/15/04

Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2004 21:45:53 GMT

In article <2vsmdmF2pq7t3U1@uni-berlin.de>, chris@juststuff.co.uk
says...

> "Mike" <honey@michaelmoyse.co.uk> wrote in message
> > Christo wrote:
> >
> >> not to quizzed up on this but have tried one free anonymous proxy off a
> >> website
> >
> > As a side note, how do you know you can trust a random proxy you found? I
> > mean, anyone could set up an "anonymous" proxy but for all you know they
> > might be an FBI department tracking and logging your every click :-)
>
> I had thought that, that is why i have stopped using it, and also asked if
> anyone can tell me any good reliable free anon proxies

There is no such thing as a ANON Proxy, and the reason is that it's only
as anonymous that the owner of the service wants it to be. Since you
have no clue who the owner is, and no idea what they do with your proxy
data, how could you even think you would be anonymous.

Asking for stuff like this in Usenet or any public forum is like asking
the devil himself. Do you really think that a group running a proxy that
tracks people would have a disclaimer about it?

What you need to do is to learn to surf smart, learn to not visit places
you are ashamed of visiting, and learn that nothing you do in public is
private.

spamfree999@rrohio.com
(Remove 999 to reply to me)

Relevant Pages

  • Re: anonymous proxies
    ... >> anyone can tell me any good reliable free anon proxies ... > There is no such thing as a ANON Proxy, and the reason is that it's only ... > as anonymous that the owner of the service wants it to be. ... > Asking for stuff like this in Usenet or any public forum is like asking ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: windows update fails to ever download updates
    ... Windows Internet Explorer, ... No Proxy ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: Some Newbie Questions
    ... Diplomatic negotiation and a unit with proxy order can receive ... Calhamer would probably not like it. ... An implementation of proxy more in the vein of the original game might ... but also allow the owner of the unit in question to ...
    (rec.games.diplomacy)
  • Re: False IP Address
    ... any way the owner of that IP address take any action against such ... posters in the UK? ... On that basis you are not "stealing" someone else's IP, merely using the one the proxy properly owns. ...
    (uk.legal)