Re: Strange Wireless Connection

From: Redbox (simplertech-news0719_at_yahoo.com)
Date: 11/14/04

Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2004 14:39:02 -0500

"General Specific" <bill@msn.com> wrote in message
news:Xns959E793BB8A33aaa@207.106.93.226...
>A Co-Worker has wireless lan built into his laptop. When booting up his
> computer, in his office, he always gets a conncetion to a wireless network
> identified as EPSON. He always closes the connection.
>
> I looked at it breifly and noticed there are no additional network
> recources available to him when he's connected (such as drives, printers
> etc) and there appears to me no activity (upload/download).
>
> There are no wireless devices in the building and I doubt that there are
> any in the vicinity.
>
> How do I trace this to it's source.

-

Install Netstumbler http://www.netstumbler.com/downloads/

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Wireless problem with WPA
    ... access point - the laptop won't even see wireless at all until he leaves the ... the same DHCP configuration when you had WEP? ... At the time you lose the connection, if you hover over the wireless icon ... We successfully ran a wireless network for several years using WEP ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Wireless and Advent 9115 laptop - make it automatic?
    ... Most laptops remember the last state of the wireless. ... In the window displayed Double click on Wireless Network Connection ...
    (uk.comp.sys.laptops)
  • Re: Advanced Networking problem (STEVE WINOGRAD?)
    ... However since I will be creating wireless networks in the future also I ... Wireless network with an access point. ... > Encryption" active and using "ad hoc" connection. ... >> that shows the gateway and lets you control the modem on the HOST ...
  • Re: Advanced Networking problem (STEVE WINOGRAD?)
    ... However since I will be creating wireless networks in the future also I ... Wireless network with an access point. ... > Encryption" active and using "ad hoc" connection. ... >> that shows the gateway and lets you control the modem on the HOST ...
  • Re: Advanced Networking problem (STEVE WINOGRAD?)
    ... However since I will be creating wireless networks in the future also I ... Wireless network with an access point. ... > Encryption" active and using "ad hoc" connection. ... >> that shows the gateway and lets you control the modem on the HOST ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)