Re: Is your data really secure?

From: Leythos (void_at_nowhere.org)
Date: 11/10/04

Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2004 12:54:49 GMT

In article <419209be$1_2@127.0.0.1>, JMandell@ISP.com says...
> In your opinion.

No, actually it's in most Usenet FAQ's, been an accepted Policy since
the 80's, and has in most ISP's Acceptable Use Policy documents.

Just like top-posting a reply - it's not the norm in Usenet groups in
general.

> Leythos wrote:
> > In article <96fe32d3.0411092344.22915dc@posting.google.com>,
> > cindytaylor123343@yahoo.com says...
> >
> > "Exposing" your product, or any product for which the poster receives
> > some form of gain, is called SPAM and is against the charter. Any
> > computer professional would already know this as well as any person with
> > ethics. Posting to non-forsale groups is considered SPAM and in bad
> > taste in the Usenet community, it's always been in bad taste.

spamfree999@rrohio.com
(Remove 999 to reply to me)

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Sues campaign of misinformation
    ... I was only stating as THEORY. ... >> Sue: ... >> UseNet was THE way to communicate over the 'Net. ... and i think you are getting your taste of it now. ...
    (sci.med.dentistry)
  • Re: Further B5:TLT update from jms
    ... The phrase "it's a matter of taste" is neutral, ... There are all kinds on usenet. ... Eddie: Out of the kitchen? ...
    (rec.arts.sf.tv.babylon5.moderated)
  • Re: OT Ask EU a rose by any other name
    ... according to taste.) ... Not so easy to display reliably on Usenet. ... But there's no harm in trying. ... It quite ruins the flow! ...
    (uk.media.radio.archers)
  • Re: omg.. its official...
    ... Usenet one lAAmer at a time... ... That's...too creepy of a visual for my taste. ... since you only remember the STUPID shit I've ...
    (alt.2600)