Re: Administration password

From: Eric (eric_at_email.ca)
Date: 11/05/04

Date: Fri, 5 Nov 2004 14:20:39 -0500

"PJ" <pj@k.com> wrote in message
news:lPwid.245$6j6.102@newsfe1-gui.ntli.net...
> Is it possible to press a combination of keys and reveal the user
passwords?
> I set myself up as administrator and my children as limited, the day after
> my 14 year old son knew my password?
> All he would say is that he pressed 2 or 3 keys and it shows the most
> pressed keys or something like that, but he will not say which keys, he
says
> it's his secret.
> I would like to know how he's doing this or at the very least how I can
> prevent him from finding out my new password, without having to ban him
from
> the computer.
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.

There is no way to press a combination of keys and reveal your admin
password unless,

1, he saw your password before,
2, when you are away, he got a chance to play with your accout,
3, he has installed keylogger,
4, he installed password recovery /reveal software,
(http://www.xstudio.ca/security/passwordrecovery.html)

You may use adaware or any other antispyware tools to scan if you got any
keyloggers.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Non admin users cant do things they need to do
    ... i added the keys below to the registry (as administrator) logged off, ... can set the time then they can fake out system event logs by changing ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.embedded)
  • Re: Non admin users cant do things they need to do
    ... You mean they are along with the registry entires? ... i added the keys below to the registry (as administrator) logged off, ... can set the time then they can fake out system event logs by changing ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.embedded)
  • Re: 0x80070005 / _Inventory: Installer returned 0x5 (5)
    ... Are you the Administrator? ... Access Denied is a hard one to determine where the keys are failing - ... Use an account that has administrative credentials to log on to the Windows XP ... Navigate to the following key in the registry: ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • RE: TaskManager
    ... with that account and see if you have access to registry and task manager. ... Im not seeing those keys in the system32 ... click on it says registry is disabled by the administrator.. ... these 2 keys contain all the group policies changes applied by ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: System Restore
    ... Right click each of the keys in turn, ... I don't know what else to do to get rid of the virus. ... I downloaded the Stinger program, ... >> username, and not the Administrator. ...