Administration password

From: PJ (pj_at_k.com)
Date: 11/04/04

Date: Thu, 04 Nov 2004 21:04:17 GMT

Is it possible to press a combination of keys and reveal the user passwords?
I set myself up as administrator and my children as limited, the day after
my 14 year old son knew my password?
All he would say is that he pressed 2 or 3 keys and it shows the most
pressed keys or something like that, but he will not say which keys, he says
it's his secret.
I would like to know how he's doing this or at the very least how I can
prevent him from finding out my new password, without having to ban him from
the computer.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Administration password
    ... >Is it possible to press a combination of keys and reveal the user passwords? ... it is trivial to *change* an administrator password. ... changed administrator password can then restore the old one ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: If I suddenly disappear...
    ... ye modifier keys. ... for pressed keys. ... the keyboard driver, which in Windows would be a .drv or .sys file. ... available to user apps to play with. ...
    (uk.rec.sheds)
  • Administrator password
    ... Is it possible to press a combination of keys and reveal the user passwords? ... I set myself up as administrator and my children as limited, ... pressed keys or something like that, but he will not say which keys, he says ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Administrator password
    ... Is it possible to press a combination of keys and reveal the user passwords? ... I set myself up as administrator and my children as limited, ... pressed keys or something like that, but he will not say which keys, he says ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Administration password