Re: Stolen email

From: Hairy One Kenobi (abuse_at_[127.0.0.1)
Date: 10/29/04

Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 23:04:19 GMT

"Rocky" <yr@tampabay.rr.com> wrote in message
news:mhRfd.16335$Mc.15853@tornado.tampabay.rr.com...
> Hi. I occasionally get emails with my email address as the sender. These
> are spam, and I realize they're spoofing my email, is this just because
> someone gathered my email somewhere and using it to send spam, or is there
> security hole in my system somewhere? I am fully updated and run a
updated
> firewall and virus program. I'm very security conscious about opening
email
> attachments running unknown programs.
> Thanks, any info would be appreciated

Rather than retype the whole thing..
http://www.codecutters.org/spam/smtpheaders.html

HTH

Hairy One Kenobi

in the first place. So there!

Relevant Pages

  • Re: No creditability
    ... other than your own pre-programmed opinions. ... But you guys have closed minds. ... Its a pity that most liberals have such closed minds.... ... Odds are the use of fake addresses is a means of spam avoidance ...
    (misc.legal)
  • RE: Your opinions on spyware, adware, spam, etc. and dealing with them
    ... Your opinions on spyware, adware, spam, etc. and dealing with them ... Would you want someone to hack / crack into your network and steal all or ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: [SLE] sa-learn on server (Postfix/Procmail/Cyrus)
    ... > At this point I'm more looking for opinions than actual help... ... You may want to go look at some of the spam you're getting, ... > Also how does Cyrus react when files get moved/deleted from the ... > What if there are several accounts on the server? ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: Web hosting for $3.95 Good or Bad?
    ... Definately not a spammer type. ... "deal" and is trying to get opinions. ... >> Well, Jon, if it is SPAM, it's failed SPAM. ...
    (microsoft.public.frontpage.client)
  • Stolen email
    ... are spam, and I realize they're spoofing my email, is this just because ... security hole in my system somewhere? ... attachments running unknown programs. ...
    (alt.computer.security)