Re: Stolen email

From: Rocky (yr_at_tampabay.rr.com)
Date: 10/29/04

Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 22:55:43 GMT

No, the email you see isn't correct. Someone must have picked up somewhere
down the line.

"Jim Watt" <jimwatt@aol.no_way> wrote in message
> On Wed, 27 Oct 2004 20:01:45 GMT, "Rocky" <yr@tampabay.rr.com> wrote:
>
>> it an automated
>>process such as a script that harvests your address from newsgroups, etc?
>
> Surely you don't post your email address to newsgroups ?
>
> thats a big invite to the spam man
>
> But turning to the original question, you can expect to receive spam
> using your email address and combinations thereof.
> --
> Jim Watt
> http://www.gibnet.com

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Stolen email
    ... >process such as a script that harvests your address from newsgroups, ... Surely you don't post your email address to newsgroups? ... thats a big invite to the spam man ... But turning to the original question, you can expect to receive spam ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: Newsgroups: MS should WARN us FIRST not to use real email addresses here!!
    ... I never asked for advice on how to solve the spam, I know I can change the ... Microsoft without any success... ... While you may know that there is no reason a real email address ... bit off the day I set up OE for these newsgroups. ...
  • Re: $1295.00 Guaranteed Multi Ratings A+++++++++++ Service
    ... Actually it's Spam. ... They are not excessively posted to multiple newsgroups. ... Newsgroup spam is a type of spam where the targets are Usenet ... the use of cancel messages to control spam. ...
    (rec.aviation.piloting)
  • Re: Form Security
    ... After all this, if no error message has been generated, the form contents are emailed to me. ... I'm no Linux guru, so I don't know what someone could do to cause problems with this script, other than spam me. ... What he's proposing is false security - which is worse than no security ...
    (comp.lang.php)
  • Spam stopper. (Was Re: "ABC Consumer Reports" doesnt recommend Linux)
    ... I just had a look at your spam stopping script, which is a little bit like ... Please don't send me html mail or un-notified attachments. ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)