Re: How do I use use TOR.exe web proxy on windows?

From: Vanguardx (see_signature)
Date: 10/28/04

    Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 16:25:36 -0500

    "MiLi" <MiLi>
    wrote in news:418101C3.7359D4E8@wherebefore44.ok:
    > Note: From thread 'Recommend webproxy service'
    >
    > I downloaded the web proxy client, tor-0081.exe, from
    > http://www.freehaven.net/tor/
    >
    > I also installed openssc 0.97 which is evidently required for windows.
    > (I use win98se). Also I copied these two dlls:-
    >
    > libeay32.dll
    > ssleay32.dll
    >
    > into the same folder.
    >
    > But when I double-click on tor-0081.exe, all that happens is that I
    > get an error message.
    >
    > "The TOR-081 exefile is linked to missing export LIBEAy32.dll:3212"
    >
    > If I remove libeay32.dll then tor-0081.exe complains that it's missing
    > libeay32.dll.
    >
    > Any help appreciated.

    I don't know anything about the products you are asking about or if they
    provide any automated installation or if you have to do it all manually.
    However, it may be that the proxy makes a call using an entry point in
    the DLL file, so it expects that DLL to be registered to know where to
    find it. Do the instructions anywhere tell you to registery the DLLs?

        regsvr32 libeay32.dll
        regsvr32 ssleay32.dll

    ********  Post replies to newsgroup - Share with others  ********