Re: Black Ice 3.5cbf warning about 192.168.0.1 -->Can this IP be blocked?

From: rello (relloman_at_beasty.com)
Date: 10/28/04

    Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 12:45:27 GMT

    On Fri, 2 Jul 2004 17:44:48 GMT, Father_Sicko@TheOrphanage.com wrote:

    >I use NIS and wanted to know if I make a rule to block this IP address am I
    >protected?
    >
    >Thanks
    this is prolly ur router address....192.168.0.1 i generally the
    gateway for your LAN..
    relloman

    • Re: Workgroup Client Bridge Configuration
      ... capability for the LAN interface, in any case it only allows one IP to be specified. ... original SOHO-10 routers in service and on my router pile. ... but the gateway is 216.216.216.1, some operating systems just will not ... I mean't the one computah that's going through the Seneo wireless. ...
      (alt.internet.wireless)
    • Re: Workgroup Client Bridge Configuration
      ... original SOHO-10 routers in service and on my router pile. ... do more than about 1Mbit/sec WAN to LAN. ... but the gateway is 216.216.216.1, some operating systems just will not ... The machine at the end of the wireless bridge should be configured the ...
      (alt.internet.wireless)
    • Re: Using XP PC as Gateway, add Wireless router, cant share acros
      ... If you're talking about Windows ICS, although the range of IP addresses assigned by ICS can't be configured, ICS is smart enough to query the LAN first and not to assign an IP address that's already in use. ... The changes you suggested worked and I now have my wireless router set up as a gateway/access point with the LAN port plugged into my switch. ... There was another thing I noticed that seemed different with the gateway PC than when I used my router as the DHCP server. ... I wasn't able to figure out how to set the range of IP addresses the gateway computer doles out in order to prevent it from using the one I assigned to my router. ...
    • Re: VPN/Default Gateway/TerminalServices
      ... Pick one that is central to the LAN. ... and *only* it for the Default Gateway. ... "Router" that shares the Internet to the LAN. ... > Server A: DomainController, Static IP 192.168.0.200, Default Gateway ...
      (microsoft.public.win2000.networking)
    • Re: simultaneous dial-up and ethernet lan??
      ... I have a simple lan, 2 linux PCs connected via a router. ... I think this is a route command using gateway issue but I don't know ... > The local ethernet would be accessable by default, ...
      (comp.os.linux.networking)