d-link dsl-504 + kerio firewall question

From: rello (relloman_at_beasty.com)
Date: 10/28/04

Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 12:42:30 GMT

set up a 2 pc network with the above 4 port modem and found that my
usual firewall, kerio showed holes everywhere when i ran a port scan
from grc.com ....some ports were stealthed but many showed closed with
a few open...i usually find the kerio default ruleset is fine for
bigpond, optus broadband and any dialup account....any body got an
idea why this is so???
thanks
relloman
relloman

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Security Newbie - DSNkong, Proxomitron, Kerio
    ... >>connect to cpanel, but still cannot FTP. ... When kerio is on I see that it is allowing ... (ANY local port, ANY remote port, action set to ... > Remote Address: ANY (or, if you FTP to the same IP or group of IPs, ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Kerio 2.1.5 vulnerability
    ... Linux ipchains Firewall Vulnerability ... As I used Kerio I put it in the 2do list as something to play with, ... Log Suspicious Packets. ... When sending a SYN to an open or closed port I got no reply. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Kerio 2.1.5 vulnerability
    ... >If Kerio returns a SYN ACK that's 2 thirds of the handshake completed, ... >but Hping2 doesn't send an ACK to complete the connection. ... TYPSoft FTP Server Version 1.10 was used to open port 21." ... Then I used netcat to open port 21 and spawn a shell on connection ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Kerio Personal Firewall v2.1.5 & XPs remote desktop...
    ... Try to add the port manually through the kerio Admin toward the LAN's IP of the computer. ... I did Not try Kerio 2.15 with SP3, hopefully there is No compatibility problem. ... They are vast, timeless, and if they are aware of us at all, it is as little more than ants and we have as much chance of communicating with them as an ant has with us. ...
  • Re: kerio: (1) Former freeness, & (2) Filter rules precedence
    ... >> Kerio came about when developers from Tiny split from the parent ... a rule for SSH for a client should look something like ... Remote Port: ANY ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)