Re: Windows Firewall Or ZoneAlarm

From: Christo (chris_at_juststuff.co.uk)
Date: 10/28/04

Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 11:25:35 +0100

"Joe" <Joe@nospam.spam.net> wrote in message
news:RMDfd.34790$%k.10501@pd7tw2no...

> "Christo" <chris@juststuff.co.uk> wrote in message
>> i do not have the fortune of owning a router with NAT so i use a software
>> firewall.
>>
>> I am currently running ZoneAlarm Pro 5
>>
>> seems they have finally realized that the dodgey serial I was was using (
>> and probably loads of others) isnt valid and that i only have 15 days
>> left
>> (trail)
>>
>> Is Windows Firewall anywhere near as good as ZoneAlarm Pro 5
>>
>> or would it be better reverting back to ZoneAlarm Pro 4.5 rather than
> using
>> the windows firewall, windows firewall seems a little bit too user
> friendly
>> for me, you never see it doing anything, unlike zone alarm.
>>
>> any tips
>>
>> or is it ok to revert back to ZoneAlarm 4.5?
>>
>> also if i did get a adsl router with NAT installed would i still need to
> run
>> a software firewall or would the router be enough?
>>

> ZA, of course!! You want the Mossad, and by extension, the FBI and CIA to
> know everything you're doing!!

they even spy on english users?

I have ZA 4.5 now thinking of just buying a router with NAT eventually

Relevant Pages

  • Re: New modem and iptables...
    ... The router performs firewall and NAT functions ... If you want to persuade me it's a modem, ... it's a router and _it_ has your public Internet address. ... It also does NAT (otherwise you couldn't have a private IP address on ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Would a firewall prevent Sasser worm?
    ... >> the same level of protection that I would have with any NAT router? ... >There are a variety of known attacks which can crash routers, ... >Firewall capability allows you to modify the NAT behaviour to allow selected ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Would a firewall prevent Sasser worm?
    ... >> the same level of protection that I would have with any NAT router? ... >There are a variety of known attacks which can crash routers, ... >Firewall capability allows you to modify the NAT behaviour to allow selected ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: IP Addressing
    ... Address of the ISA server? ... firewall and router). ... On the firewall create a static NAT entry as I wrote ...
    (comp.dcom.sys.cisco)
  • Re: Would a firewall prevent Sasser worm?
    ... >> the same level of protection that I would have with any NAT router? ... >There are a variety of known attacks which can crash routers, ... >Firewall capability allows you to modify the NAT behaviour to allow selected ...
    (comp.security.misc)