Re: BlackIce. How good? ie idiot friendly

From: Roger Merriman (roger_merriman_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 10/05/04

Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2004 11:30:18 +0100

Use.Netuser.de <NoMilkTodayImOnHoliday@hotmail.com> wrote:

> "Dan" <dan-dougll@yahoo.co.uk> wrote ...
> > How effective is this application in the hands of an "computer idiot"?
> > I use ZoneAlarm which seems to do the job well enough but the
> > suggestion was made to use BlackIce instead. I know nothing about
> > PCs beyond word processing, data base, spreadsheets, graphics and
> > presentation stuff.
>
> If you don't mind a slight learning curve the Kerio [free] is my choice.
> You don't say if you have ZA Free or Pro.

yup kerio is quite good use it on my windows box it apears to do what i
want off a windows firewall ie watch ingoing/outgoing connections,
though the said pc is behind a NAT router so its reltivly safe in that
regard.

snip tools

Roger

Relevant Pages

  • Re: My ICS connection - still from hell.
    ... HUMUNGOUS with WinXP Pro SP2 with adsl connection. ... Alternate DNS server is 10.1.1.1. ... I have Zonealarm running however the problem isn't ... I don't consider the Windows Firewall to be adequate ...
  • Re: My ICS connection - still from hell.
    ... HUMUNGOUS with WinXP Pro SP2 with adsl connection. ... I think that the free version of ZoneAlarm is incompatible with ICS. ... Enable the Windows Firewall on HUMUNGOUS before un-installing ...
  • Re: Avast or Zone Alarm using proxy server?
    ... I also run ZoneAlarm and Avast and have no such problem, ... I'm not sure why Gerald ... Windows firewall, problems that were stopped by switching to ZA and turning ... >> However I now see that the Use Proxy Server box is ticked and the IP ...
    (comp.security.misc)
  • Re: Avast or Zone Alarm using proxy server?
    ... I also run ZoneAlarm and Avast and have no such problem, ... I'm not sure why Gerald ... Windows firewall, problems that were stopped by switching to ZA and turning ... >> However I now see that the Use Proxy Server box is ticked and the IP ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Avast or Zone Alarm using proxy server?
    ... I also run ZoneAlarm and Avast and have no such problem, ... I'm not sure why Gerald ... Windows firewall, problems that were stopped by switching to ZA and turning ... >> However I now see that the Use Proxy Server box is ticked and the IP ...
    (alt.computer.security)