Re: Software needed

From: Celtic Leroy (I_am__celtic_leroy__san_verbage_at_myhost.com)
Date: 10/04/04

Date: Mon, 04 Oct 2004 19:32:38 GMT

"Venerd́" <venerdisenzaquesto@freeweb.org> wrote:

>"Celtic Leroy" <I_am__celtic_leroy__san_verbage@myhost.com> ha scritto nel
>messaggio news:ele1m0952o4kk962oaedthf6n0gb6oka7u@4ax.com...
>> "Venerd́" <venerdisenzaquesto@freeweb.org> wrote:
>> If what you want is to limit a users ability to run your program,
>Yes. But i dont have access to code of that programs. I need to restrict
>access to a lot of programs (writed by others) on a lot of pc.
>I do that with a other program that handle users & passwords in a
>database. When the specific user has the rights to launch a specific
>program (by giving correct pw e id) the 'other program' log that and launch
>the requested program
>by calling it by a command line. I need to give the password (thar nobody
>see and nobody know, except the 'other program') to permit the launch.
>
>Sorry for terrible language. I hope you understand.
>
>Bye
>Venerd́

Understood. You need to do what was suggested by the previous poster
(donnie) and use the Windows group/permissions settings. You can give
each person, according to their login account, permission to run
specific programs and access to specific files. This will limit each
individual to only access the programs you want them to.

Good luck,

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Software needed
    ... When the specific user has the rights to launch a specific ... I need to give the password (thar nobody ... > need to encrypt the executable if this is all you need. ... > encrypted .exe and runs it, instruction by instruction, by internally ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: 1Password sync
    ... continue with it to manage my passwords. ... habit of using only a couple of passwords for everything.) ... Launch 1Password on the other machine. ... Trash the interchange files and Secure empty the Trash. ...
    (comp.sys.mac.apps)