Re: Symantec Antivirus Corporate vs. Norton Anti-Virus

From: donnie (donnie_at_queyosepa.net)
Date: 10/04/04

Date: Mon, 04 Oct 2004 00:47:02 GMT

On Sun, 03 Oct 2004 23:16:40 GMT, "Johnny Canuck"
<Johnny_Canuck1@hotmail.com> wrote:

>This question isn't for me since I will be running Kapersky anti-virus.
>
>I have a friend who is running Symantec AntiVirus Corporate (in Windows XP)
>at work and he was told that Norton Anti-Virus was a superior product.
>
>Any thoughts on what are the differences between the two, and which one is
>better? (i.e. as in more effective at finding viruses and keeping the system
>safe, less CPU overhead, etc.).
>
>Thanks
>
>JC

#######################
Norton is made by Symantec, so I don't know how much of a difference
there is.

Relevant Pages

  • RE: Stealth virus??
    ... Windows Live OneCare Safety Scan Windows XP ... A few days ago on May 27th, I was online and Norton Anti-virus 2010 removed ... anti-virus began to block intrusion attempts by an attacking computer. ... So I did a system restore to May 12 but it was unsuccessful, ...
  • Re: Sending .gif Images
    ... Thanks for the quick response PA, I'm using Windows XP SP2, Internet Explorer ... I have Norton Anti-virus 2009 installed, but I have the out-going email ...
  • RE: Stealth virus??
    ... A few days ago on May 27th, I was online and Norton Anti-virus 2010 removed ... anti-virus began to block intrusion attempts by an attacking computer. ... changed to Windows Classic. ... So I did a system restore to May 12 but it was unsuccessful, ...
  • Re: Someone please help me!?
    ... > comes to the windows setup it freezes each time. ... Try to Open Norton Anti-virus and do a manual system virus scan. ... In Norton Anti-virus click on Help and Support and select ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)