Re: how safe is browsing newsgroups?

From: David H. Lipman (DLipman~nospam~_at_Verizon.Net)
Date: 10/03/04

    Date: Sun, 03 Oct 2004 01:20:04 GMT

    Gina is using; Forte Free Agent 1.21/32.243 and I don't know specifically the answers
    either.

    I use OE and I set all posts to "plain text" and if I reply to a HTML post, OE is set to
    reply in "Plain Text".

    Dave

    "Leythos" <void@nowhere.org> wrote in message
    | In article <415f7b1f.6195944@news.nuvox.net>, gofofer@nice.com says...
    | > hey leythos I just checked my newsgroup reader options and i saw i had
    | > a check in the box called "launch binary attachments". i saw another
    | > option box that read "doubleclick on message lauches binary
    | > attachment".
    | >
    | > are these the options that should turned off if i don't want to render
    | > html?
    | > gina
    |
    | I don't have a clue, I don't know what newsreader you're using.
    |
    | I use Gravity as my news reader and never experience a problem with
    | security.
    |
    | --
    | --
    | spamfree999@rrohio.com
    | (Remove 999 to reply to me)

    • Re: how safe is browsing newsgroups?
      ... hey leythos I just checked my newsgroup reader options and i saw i had ... a check in the box called "launch binary attachments". ...
      (alt.computer.security)
    • Re: veiws on GOF part 9
      ... thank you gina. ... Make ONE posts with all the observations, ... start carrying a list just to keep track of them all!" ...
      (alt.fan.harry-potter)