Surfing at Work

From: HB2 (bgreer24_at_comcast.net)
Date: 09/29/04

    Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2004 22:12:59 GMT

    Sometimes I write e-mails using a web based format (yahoo). When the e-mail
    is of a personal issue I use megaproxy because it is SSL. Our PCs at work
    have Windows 2000. Is it safe to assume that my e-mails are kept private
    from my employer since they are sent using SSL? Does Winodws 2000 Server
    have monitoring tools built in or would our employer have to purchase such
    monitoring tools seperately?

    Also, its my understanding that using a keyboard log program is illegal.
    Is this correct?

    Thanks

    • Re: Surfing at Work
      ... > Sometimes I write e-mails using a web based format (yahoo). ... > e-mail is of a personal issue I use megaproxy because it is SSL. ... > private from my employer since they are sent using SSL? ...
      (alt.computer.security)
    • Re: Surfing at Work
      ... ]> Sometimes I write e-mails using a web based format. ... ]> from my employer since they are sent using SSL? ... ]> have monitoring tools built in or would our employer have to purchase such ... is pretty weak WRT computers I believe. ...
      (alt.computer.security)
    • Re: Surfing at Work
      ... Is it safe to assume that my e-mails are kept private ... | from my employer since they are sent using SSL? ... | have monitoring tools built in or would our employer have to purchase ... Comment: Using GnuPG with Thunderbird - http://enigmail.mozdev.org ...
      (alt.computer.security)
    • Wie verschlüssel ich meine Daten in offenen WLAN Netzen?
      ... abrufen, ... dass wenn man mal in die Verlegenheit kommt über ein offenes Netz E-Mails ... man besser eine sichere Verbindung über SSL oder VPN verwendet. ...
      (de.comp.security.misc)
    • Re: owa anmeldung ohne Domöne
      ... Hab zwar Formbased aktiviert, nur ohne SSL geht es ohne Anmeldung. ... Due to high frequency of spam, viruses and malware all e-mails sent to this ...
      (microsoft.public.de.german.exchange2000.general)