Re: Panda Titanium or Kapersky for Anti Virus

From: NonDisputandum.com (webmaster_remove_at_remove_nondisputandum.com)
Date: 09/25/04

Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2004 18:29:30 GMT

On Fri, 24 Sep 2004 08:15:45 +0100, "SteveB"
<sbrads@nildramDOTcoDOTuk> wrote:

>A few UK magazines have tested AV software this year, and Kaspersky or
>F-Secure or the very latest McAfee usually come top or thereabouts at
>finding viruses (virii?) but Panda is usually near the bottom, Norton in the
>middle.
>

>"Gator" <gatorcc@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> Recently my hard drive crashed so when I installed my new hard drive I
>> decided on a new Anti-Virus solution. I had been using Norton. I
>> downloaded
>> the trial version of Panda Titanium 2004 and it seems pretty good. I use
>> Mozilla Thunderbird for email. Does Panda or Kaspersky check Thunderbird
>> when sending or receiving email like Norton? Is one of these Anti-Virus
>> solutions better than the other?

Are you sure about Panda beaing at the Bottom?
As far as I recall Panda is one of the best overall virusscanners.
If you use a rather slow machine,.. i believe it is the best thing.
Though I will never say that Kaspersky is bad,.. far from.
I use Panda on an old P2 & orton on my P4 (both with firewall from the
same source).

They satisfy me both.

--
www.nondisputandum.com - soft revieuws:
  freeware to Protect & Clean your PC

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Panda Software
    ... Mitbewerber hat - TRUEPREVENT -. ... Diese Technik kann mit keinem Mitbewerber ... Sooo alleine steht Panda mit diesem Mechanismus auch nicht da. ... Gerade der hier verglichene Kaspersky hat das auch. ...
    (microsoft.public.de.german.windowsxp.applications)
  • Re: XP with SP3 Update Hangs.
    ... On two computers had to uninstall Kaspersky, ... I also noticed that Panda popped up and wanted me to enable Windows ... Messaging Protection. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Panda Titanium or Kapersky for Anti Virus
    ... I had been using Norton. ... > the trial version of Panda Titanium 2004 and it seems pretty good. ... Does Panda or Kaspersky check Thunderbird ... > when sending or receiving email like Norton? ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: XP with SP3 Update Hangs.
    ... Kaspersky on, after all the issues I had I switched to Panda. ... Messaging Protection. ...