Re: Backup - GHOST or Acronis True Image? For win xp.

From: Ben (000_at_000.000)
Date: 09/24/04

Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2004 17:16:21 +0800

Don MI <> wrote:
> "Ben" <000@000.000> wrote in message
>
>>I think a fresh installation is better than GHOST restoration.
>>First, you don't backup viruses.
>>Second, you can put in new informations during installation.
>>The reasons for you to use GHOST is important.
>>The only good reason for you to use it is backing up hard disk.
>>Because backing up hard disk is allowed while backing up a CD is not
>>allowed.
>>What I said about activation was not good.
>>Because Win XP will call for an activation if you change too many
>>hardwares.
>>I saw it on the MS web.
>

> Total trash.
>
> "Because Win XP will call for an activation if you change too many
> hardwires"
>
> You image a system before and after a hardware change. The before image is
> to be able to return to the prior configuration if the hardware install
> causes a problem. The after image is your new standard. If you install new
> hardware and Windows XP does not require a re-activation, then the after new
> hardware image will not require a re-activation.
>
> "The only good reason for you to use it is backing up hard disk."
>
> So, that is what an image program does.
>
> "Because backing up hard disk is allowed while backing up a CD is not
> allowed."
>
> Other program will backup{copy} a CD if you so choose.
>
> Don

During start up, Windows detects your hardwares, it is true.
Every OS do it at start up, and load drivers according to the detection.
If you go into safe mode, no drivers will be loaded.
What I said is according to MS.
Of course re-activation is possible not true, because they are lying.

And no body knows, if you want to copy a CD.
But GHOST can not be used to copy a CD.

If you do have any reason for use GHOST, it is your right to try it.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Backup - GHOST or Acronis True Image? For win xp.
    ... > I think a fresh installation is better than GHOST restoration. ... > The only good reason for you to use it is backing up hard disk. ... You image a system before and after a hardware change. ...
    (alt.computer.security)