Re: TwainTech & SearchForIt

From: Jesse Hand (no.spam_at_for.me)
Date: 09/13/04

Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2004 23:25:58 GMT

Yes, I am running Spyware Blaster.

--
-Jesse
http://www.jessehand.net
Disclaimer: Spelling & grammar errors are made on purpose for those who are
fulfilled by correcting others.
"Lutze" <lztue@Ankhmorpork.com> wrote in message
> Jesse Hand wrote:
>
> > When I scan my computer with NoAdware, it keeps finding TwainTech. I
remove
> > it but it keeps showing up.
> >
> > When I scan with S&D it keeps finding SearchForIt. I remove it, but it
keeps
> > showing up.
> >
> > Any ideas how I can permanently remove these?
> >
> Ignore it. It is put there by spyware blaster with the dword in registry
> set to 4 so no nefarious activity is possible should your machine pick
> up any spy/adware from searchforit.com I take it you are running spyware
> blaster? If not then it could well be nefarious other than the
> possibility some other anti-spy/adware program is creating it.
>
> --
> "Whale Oil Beef Hooked."
>
> "Lu Tze."

Relevant Pages

  • Re: TwainTech & SearchForIt
    ... > it but it keeps showing up. ... > When I scan with S&D it keeps finding SearchForIt. ... It is put there by spyware blaster with the dword in registry ... set to 4 so no nefarious activity is possible should your machine pick ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • "Email could not be delivered" - but was not sent by me!
    ... latest Java plug-in and using ActiveX, and NAV2003, Outpost free firewall ... (showing completely stealthed, but for one port closed), Adaware, Spybot, ... Spyware Blaster, SpywareGuard, and I have renamed my admin account and ... Netsky and Swen are the most common, two or three times day in emails -yet I ...
    (microsoft.public.security)