Re: Are Anti-Virus Programmers Producing Most of the Viruses?

From: Hairy One Kenobi (abuse_at_[127.0.0.1)
Date: 09/08/04

Date: Tue, 07 Sep 2004 23:18:09 GMT

"Bill Unruh" <unruh@string.physics.ubc.ca> wrote in message
news:chlb4v$kt2$1@nntp.itservices.ubc.ca...
> Rogermerriman@yahoo.com (wodger) writes:
>
> ]Vallant <UNIR241@munich.com> wrote:
>
> ]> After all,
> ]> 1.They know all about viruses.
> ]> 2.Chances of exposure and apprehension are slim.
> ]> 3.They have the obvious motive of lucrative financial gain.
> ]>
> ]> Of course,you'd think someone would come out and blow the whistle
> ]> at one of the software companies.....
> ]> Then again,they could be doing that now but authorities can't
> ]> build a case against one person.
> ]>
> ]> What I don't understand is why the media never reports on this.
> ]> We just continue shelling out the bucks like suckers taking it
> ]> all for granted.
>
> There are many things the media do not report on-- the fact that all of
the
> members of the Senate are actually aliens, the fact that cars really run
on
> the water vapour in the gasoline and there is no energy crisis, the fact
> that Hitler is alive and well and living in Kansas, etc.

I thought that was Elvis? ;o)

Anyway.. certain of the companies don't help their reputation by counting
"not seen in the wild" viruses - i.e. simple modifications of "standard" or
"what-if" code.

Not that I'm suggesting that these things are /released/.. still, it's
enough to make the more (cough) "wobbly" netizens take note ;o)

--
Hairy One Kenobi
in the first place. So there!

Relevant Pages

  • Re: glGo self-destructed
    ... strange that those strong convictions of yours can be so easily changed? ... I just started investigating this stuff. ... It's important not to have too rigid opinions. ... Then I again thought they were made by aliens. ...
    (rec.games.go)
  • Re: Christmas is evil say muslim group...
    ... abducted and sexually abused by aliens. ... take in all this guff about 'mediums' who can talk to their departed ... opinions that keeps usenet buzzing! ...
    (uk.legal)
  • Re: Not the best condition but
    ... Care to point at the bit above that mentions an engine rebuild, 'cos I ... I can show you lots of cars that are in excellent condition for their ... i think a lot more people here would agree with one of Derv's opinions ...
    (uk.rec.cars.modifications)
  • Re: Not the best condition but
    ... with had at work which were half it's age! ... errr no Derv is a man with taste and half a clue when it comes to cars. ... i think a lot more people here would agree with one of Derv's opinions ... so dull steve that even when your arguing i have to start scanning ...
    (uk.rec.cars.modifications)
  • Re: O/T (Sorry) But I was wondering Is this true?
    ... and was wondering your opinions. ... and higher fuel emissions from cars. ... the mileage rated consumption will be high. ...
    (uk.rec.cars.maintenance)