Re: Password security for usb flash drives?

From: Brian (DONTSENDSPAM_at_dfwdraco76.sbcglobal.net)
Date: 09/07/04

Date: Tue, 07 Sep 2004 02:06:41 GMT

itsme wrote:

> I have a lexar usb flash drive. I love it. But is there anyway to password
> protect the data on this thing? I tried the encryption in windows xp, but
> you have to do it for each individual file and it causes all sorts of
> problems. I would love to be able to just give the flash drive a good
> password and be done with it.

>From what I understand you have to get one with some kind of built-in
security software. I have the JumpDrive Traveler on this site
(http://www.lexar.com/jumpdrive/index.html), but the JumpDrive Secure is
supposed to be able to do what you're talking about. (I just ordered one
of those last night--got a bargain for $66! So I'll find out what the deal
is with that one soon.)