Re: anyone else?

From: Filip Van Laenen (f.a.vanlaenen_at_ieee.org)
Date: 09/06/04

Date: Mon, 6 Sep 2004 09:18:57 +0200

In article <ch95o8$1tm6$1@news.fsr.net>, johns123@moscow.com says...
> Email tech support at your ISP. Tell them that if they
> pass an email virus to your computer, and it does
> damage causing you to lose vital data, and the cost
> of restoring your system, that you will sue the pants
> off of them regardless of whether they think you can
> or not. What needs to happen is these ISPs need to
> be hauled befor a judge and jury, and let THEM
> decide when enough is enough. Have your lawyer
> detail to this jury just how simple it is for an ISP to
> filter all incoming email and remove the dangerous
> and destructive ones. When they hear that, I'm sure
> they will see that your ISP is simply and willfully
> exposing you to loss of your property and subjecting
> you to pain and suffering. When one of these ISPs
> loses his shirt in front of a judge and jury, this thing
> will stop. I'd like to see you get about $20 million
> out of their punk hides.
>
> johns

Yeah, and when they filter away one of those e-mails that actually
didn't contain a virus, sue them again! I suppose you have an agreement
with the Postal Services too to look into each letter before it's
delivered to you.

I think that good working abuse departments are the way to go.

Filip

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Port 135 Probes Continue
    ... I'm one who also doesn't believe the ISP ... should decide what ports to filter. ... linux intrusions vs. windows intrusions and factor in windows being on ...
    (comp.security.misc)
  • Re: Port 135 Probes Continue
    ... I'm one who also doesn't believe the ISP ... should decide what ports to filter. ... linux intrusions vs. windows intrusions and factor in windows being on ...
    (comp.security.misc)
  • Re: Port 135 Probes Continue
    ... I'm one who also doesn't believe the ISP ... should decide what ports to filter. ... linux intrusions vs. windows intrusions and factor in windows being on ...
    (comp.os.linux.security)
  • Re: Port 135 Probes Continue
    ... I'm one who also doesn't believe the ISP ... should decide what ports to filter. ... linux intrusions vs. windows intrusions and factor in windows being on ...
    (comp.os.linux.security)
  • Re: Port 135 Probes Continue
    ... I'm one who also doesn't believe the ISP ... should decide what ports to filter. ... linux intrusions vs. windows intrusions and factor in windows being on ...
    (comp.security.unix)