Re: anyone else?

From: User One (
Date: 09/03/04

Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2004 10:06:32 -0700

You can download a client side spam filter such as Spambayes or Spamnet. I
think Spambayes is still free. It works great but you have to check your
suspected junk email folder it creates as sometimes it puts ham in there.
Good luck,
"Millbrook" <> wrote in message
> Hi Folks,
> I recently get about 3 - 5 e-mails a day asking me if they can pay
> $40,000,000 into my bank.
> Obviously I know it is a scam, but does anyone know of a way of stopping
> these e-mails?
> Sometime they also contain various viruses.
> Thanks in advance
> Lisa

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Outlook 2003 Junk Filter not working
    ... I had never heard of Spambayes. ... > Have you downloaded the updates for the Spam Filter from Office Update? ... > | a fresh install that it would definatly WORK like it should. ...
  • Re: Spam Filters?
    ... I find that Spambayes occasionally takes a totally "valid" piece of mail and puts it in either the suspects folder or worse, ... A spam filter should filter unwanted email and not generate false positives. ... My suggestion is to wipe the existing antispam database and re-train it. ...
  • 3D Mailbox LIGHT
    ... Tiny 3-megabyte email program with the world's best spam filter -- ... SpamBayes -- bulit right in. ... 3D Mailbox Light makes SpamBayes' power accessible to everyone. ...
  • Re: How do I stop Send/Receive process from hogging so much processor time...?
    ... Windows and SpamBayes and that your system is in good ... "Shiperton Henethe" wrote in message ... > (my spam filter - which seems reasonably good, though not perfect, btw) ...
  • Re: Spam filter for outlook clients
    ... I have been using SpamBayes for quite some time and it's very good. ... Peter wrote: ... > Are there any good spam filter for outlook clients so the possible ... SPAMfighter ...