Re: anyone else?

From: User One (joe_at_stuff.com)
Date: 09/03/04

Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2004 10:06:32 -0700

You can download a client side spam filter such as Spambayes or Spamnet. I
think Spambayes is still free. It works great but you have to check your
suspected junk email folder it creates as sometimes it puts ham in there.
Good luck,
Jim
"Millbrook" <a.barton@virgin.net> wrote in message
> Hi Folks,
>
> I recently get about 3 - 5 e-mails a day asking me if they can pay
> $40,000,000 into my bank.
>
> Obviously I know it is a scam, but does anyone know of a way of stopping
> these e-mails?
> Sometime they also contain various viruses.
>
> Thanks in advance
> Lisa

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Outlook 2003 Junk Filter not working
    ... I had never heard of Spambayes. ... > Have you downloaded the updates for the Spam Filter from Office Update? ... > | a fresh install that it would definatly WORK like it should. ...
    (microsoft.public.office.misc)
  • Re: Spam Filters?
    ... I find that Spambayes occasionally takes a totally "valid" piece of mail and puts it in either the suspects folder or worse, ... A spam filter should filter unwanted email and not generate false positives. ... My suggestion is to wipe the existing antispam database and re-train it. ...
    (alt.comp.anti-virus)
  • 3D Mailbox LIGHT 1.2.1.83
    ... Tiny 3-megabyte email program with the world's best spam filter -- ... SpamBayes -- bulit right in. ... 3D Mailbox Light makes SpamBayes' power accessible to everyone. ...
    (comp.software.shareware.announce)
  • Re: How do I stop Send/Receive process from hogging so much processor time...?
    ... Windows and SpamBayes and that your system is in good ... "Shiperton Henethe" wrote in message ... > (my spam filter - which seems reasonably good, though not perfect, btw) ...
    (microsoft.public.outlook.general)
  • Re: Spam filter for outlook clients
    ... I have been using SpamBayes for quite some time and it's very good. ... Peter wrote: ... > Are there any good spam filter for outlook clients so the possible ... SPAMfighter ...
    (microsoft.public.outlook.thirdpartyutil)