Re: anyone else?

From: klf (240dl_at_jl.com)
Date: 09/02/04

Date: Thu, 02 Sep 2004 17:21:20 GMT

Hello,

Have a bit of fun and make up a bank sort code and account number. They
will get caught quicker.
The Nigerian scams are the best, greedy/stupid people always get hit by
them.

"Millbrook" <a.barton@virgin.net> wrote in message
> Hi Folks,
>
> I recently get about 3 - 5 e-mails a day asking me if they can pay
> $40,000,000 into my bank.
>
> Obviously I know it is a scam, but does anyone know of a way of stopping
> these e-mails?
> Sometime they also contain various viruses.
>
> Thanks in advance
> Lisa

---

  • Re: anyone else?
    ... > will get caught quicker. ... > The Nigerian scams are the best, greedy/stupid people always get hit by ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: Giving buyer bank details
    ... >> A buyer has asked for my bank sort code and account number in order ... >> to pay the money in quicker. ...
    (uk.people.consumers.ebay)
  • Re: Giving buyer bank details
    ... >> A buyer has asked for my bank sort code and account number in order to ... >> pay the money in quicker. ... >the money to show, and it will be up to you to check that it's there. ...
    (uk.people.consumers.ebay)
  • Re: anyone else?
    ... | Have a bit of fun and make up a bank sort code and account number. ... | The Nigerian scams are the best, greedy/stupid people always get hit by ... Comment: Using GnuPG with Thunderbird - http://enigmail.mozdev.org ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: Giving buyer bank details
    ... > A buyer has asked for my bank sort code and account number in order to ... > pay the money in quicker. ... the money to show, and it will be up to you to check that it's there. ... Not likely, therefore, to be quicker ...
    (uk.people.consumers.ebay)